As the stores are now selling spring merchandise (now is the time to find the perfect white tee-shirt) here are some thoughts on shopping. You can disagree, of course, but you will be wrong. These are time-tested rules.
1. Always shop alone. You don’t have to justify an expensive purchase.
2. Always shop alone. If you’re shopping (not browsing), you don’t want to be rushed or distracted.
3. Don’t buy anything on sale you wouldn’t have bought when it was full price (unless you can’t believe your luck.)
4. Beware of “Store Credit Only.”
4. If salesperson says everything you’re trying on makes you look amazing, she doesn’t care about you. Just the commission.