1. Good-bye to text messaging. I was reading a book. My phone was not in my hand. The book was in my hand. Reluctantly, I picked up my phone and saw a message from a friend. She was in a cab and wanted to visit. She needed my address. Tsk. A phone call would have solved that problem.
2. Calling to thank someone for a gift that just arrived in the mail before sending the thank you note. Do you know how many times I’ve tracked a package because the thank you note was either late or never came at all? Drives me insane.
3. Techno fiber clothing. I’m never happy (and never myself) when I look drab when it rains or snows. Techno fiber clothing is water and snow resistant. “Outer Voices” is a new line that designs practical clothes that are terrific. I adore their stirrup pant in charcoal.
4. Faliero Sarti scarves. You can buy them on-line. They’re in your face fabulous — huge, soft, colorful, and a big statement. They come in a soft cotton sack so you can tote them in your bag. Cozy for a flight.
5. Making appointments by email or text messaging. You cannot synchronize two calendars virtually. It doesn’t work. So don’t complain when you wish you had plans. The phone, darling, the phone.